Keeping a running list of things I want to learn!
There’s also a list of things I want to build.
- How to use org mode properly? Should I use it for notes over markdown?
- Develop a deep understanding of how networks work.
- How do linux network namespaces work?
- How to run GUI apps with systemd?
- What exactly is a ‘tty’?
- How does HTTP2 actually work?
- How do X509 / TLS certificates work?
- How to use cgroups directly?
- Can I just use emacs terminals for all my terminal needs?
- How does NFS work, and why is it so crappy?
- How does ssh work?
- How does mosh work?
- How do contact lenses work? HOW DO LENSES WORK?
- Can I simply run a local DNS recursor on my laptop for performance & blocking me from visiting the orange website?
- What is SELinux? Why and how would I use it?
- What is AppArmor? Why and how would I use it, over SELinux?
- What is seccomp, and when/why/how would I use it?
If you know of resources that’ll help me learn these things, do let me know!