Late report. But I did get quite a bit done!
- Video Effects file format reader
- Live Preview of Effects! (YAY!)
- Effect files added
Live Preview took most of my time. We bought down CPU usage from ~90% to a more manageable ~50%. Cleaned up code a bit (still needs more cleanup). It is rather very ‘demoable’, provided you gloss over the slowdowns.
Coming up next week would be…
- Even less CPU Usage! We’re now even with current Cheese (which does not give you live previews). I want to bring this down even more.
- Reduced latency for switching operations. Moving between effects/screens now has more than a second of latency. I should reduce this to much lesser than a second.
- Code cleanup. Some of the C code is a mess – needs to be cleaned up much.
- Error fixing. You can now crash it by looking at it at a 58 degree angle, during new moon days. Bugs like these will be fixed.
Cya in a week, with a very-usable Cheese! I’ll post a screencast as soon as I’ve made Cheese a bit more sexy :)