Here is an approximate timeline of the editors I’ve used so far:
- Turbo C++ (4th grade to 8th grade)
- Visual Basic 6 (8th grade to 10th grade)
- Visual Studio 2005 (10th grade to 11th grade)
- Visual Studio 2008 (11th grade to 1st year of college)
- gVim (1st year of college)
- GNU Emacs (after gVim)
Now, the one thing, maybe even the only thing I miss is the fact that gVim gives me the I-Bar cursor, while Emacs by default gave me the block cursor. I like the I-Bar better than the block, and so far, couldn’t figure out how to change that. It’s not helping that I don’t have access to the internet.
So what does a sane man do?
He stops using the GTK version of Emacs, and switches to the console version :D